[Mod Questions] Questions about the act system and modding it.

Right now I'm making a mod that adds a new act for all the characters. I want to make it so that the same act can be played by multiple characters. Is there a way to make the same act to be played by multiple characters? Right now, my system is creating a separate act with different ids for different characters, but doing so might cause the act filters in quests and opportunities to not work for all acts. And I don't want to make my quests and opportunities to be generic, since I want to restrict them to only the new acts that I added.

And yes, the new act that I added is where the player character runs for president.

image.thumb.png.dff2db93cc8770c1c5f98f9e6290f109.png

• Developer

Hmmm. Interesting question. The acts were set up to be character-specific, and as you can see with how the daily works, we've had to work around that ourselves.

Shel / Krog 2020:  "At least we're trying"

*pulls out wallet*

*takes out monopoly money*

I will pay you, in cash, to teach me how you made this. i've been wanting to learn how to make mods for this game so i could make my own stories, namely since posting mod ideas and concepts on this forum gets about as much attention as the third parties in the election.

23 minutes ago, Wumpus the 19th said:

*pulls out wallet*

*takes out monopoly money*

I will pay you, in cash, to teach me how you made this. i've been wanting to learn how to make mods for this game so i could make my own stories, namely since posting mod ideas and concepts on this forum gets about as much attention as the third parties in the election.

can't say no to monopoly money.

Archived